1. First, click the yellow "Add a Payment" button, then click the first button: "Use the Flipcause Payment Gateway to process this payment"
2. Enter Payment Information: Enter your payment/donation amount and frequency. Here, you can also decide whether the supporter will cover the processing fee and if the initial recurring payment will take place immediately or on a date in the future.
Note: The standard processing fee for Manual Payments is 3.5% flat, which includes the credit card fee for all major brands and international cards. Manual Payments are not included in the Guaranteed Effective Rate.
2a. Proceed to Checkout or Add More Information: After you've entered the payment information, you have two choices: Proceed to Checkout or Add More Information. "Proceed to Checkout" is a quick pay option that enables you to easily process a payment on the fly or at an event, without entering too many additional details. When you use the quick "Proceed to Checkout" option, the transaction will initially be processed with the following information:
- Anonymous Name and Email
- No Campaign Association
- Not Tax Deductible
- Default Receipt Message
Please Note: After completing the transaction, you will still have the option to add more information to the transaction record as well as send a receipt. The following fields may be added:
- Email Address
- Tax Deductible Percentage
3. Add More Information (Optional): If you'd like to add more information to the transaction record and receipt, click the "Add More Information" button after entering your payment information. All of the fields in this section are optional.
The information that you may add in this section includes:
- Campaign Association
- Peer-to-Peer referrals
- Personal Information
- Tribute Donations
- Custom Fields
- Payment Title & Description (Giving Levels)
- Tax Percentages
- Discounts (by Percentage or Dollar Amount)
- Custom Receipt Message
- Tax Deductible Disclaimer and Settings
Advanced Receipt Settings: If you'd like to change default information to be displayed on your receipts, click "Show Advanced Receipt Settings" link under "Additional Information" > "Receipt Info". Here, you can change the logo, organization name, address, and phone number that will be displayed on your receipt. You can also change the Payment descriptor in this section (to read "Donation", "Sponsorship", etc).
4. Checkout: Review your transaction details, and enter credit or debit card information, then click the "Finish" button.
5. Confirm Record and Send Receipt (Optional): As mentioned above, you can change or add information to your payment after the transaction has been completed. The confirmation screen will display the name, email, and tax deductible status of your transaction. If you have not added Additional Information, these fields will display as "Anonymous" and "Not tax deductible". Make any necessary changes to these fields, and then decide whether or not you'd like to send a receipt to your supporter. Click "Confirm and Finish" to send the receipt and add the fields to your reporting.
6. Reporting Details: Payments are recorded in your reports with the Transaction Source listed as "Manual Payment - Flipcause Gateway". All payment transaction totals (Net Received) are added to your Available Flipcause Account Balance.