STEP 1: Enter the payment information
- Enter the amount you'd like to charge into Payment Amount.
- Choose a Payment Frequency from the button options.
- Choose a Payment Profile from the dropdown under Select Payment Profile. Payment Profiles are pre-set profiles that indicate the sales tax, payment title and description, and custom receipt message for the transaction. (See Payment Profiles for more information) (Note: You can customize a payment profile on-the-fly at the time of a single transaction without saving the changes to the profile.)
STEP 2: Charge the payment
Tap the green CHARGE button to proceed to the Supporter Information screen.
STEP 3: Collect Supporter Information
If your supporter would like a receipt for their records, enter their contact information and then tap the CONTINUE button. Select SKIP to proceed directly to the Payment Options screen. If no information is entered, the record will display as Anonymous.
STEP 4: Payment Options - Select CARD
Tap the CARD button under Payment Type to proceed with manually entering the credit card information.
STEP 5: Select charge method
Insert Card is set as the default option. Tap the Enter Manually button to enter the card manually instead.
STEP 6: Enter card information
Enter the credit/debit card information: number, expiration date, and the security code. Then tap the Continue button.
STEP 7: Card Validation
Your screen will read “Validating Card” while the card is being validated. (Note: During this step, the card number is validated, but the transaction is NOT charged.)
Once Transaction is validated, you are taken to the Signature Page.
STEP 8: Signature Page
1. Once the card is validated, you are taken to the Signature Page. The Signature Page displays the total amount to be charged, including the processing fee and any sales taxes you are collecting.
2. Hand the device to your supporter to sign the page using the touchpad interface, and turn the phone into horizontal mode. Here, your supporter can choose whether or not to cover the processing fee for the transaction. (See here to learn more about mobile app processing fees.)
3. After signing, tap the Finish & Pay button. (This is when the card is charged). You're then directed to the Confirmation Page.
STEP 9: Confirmation Page
All done! If you entered contact information for the transaction, you will see confirmation that a receipt was sent to the supporter via email.
If you entered Contact Information in STEP 3, the confirmation message will contain your supporter's email address:
If you did not enter Contact Information in STEP 3, you will only see a confirmation message:
Tap the BACK TO HOMEPAGE button or the X located in the right-hand corner. This action will take you back to the Home page where you can begin a new transaction or check-in process.